Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Attempt #2: French Toast

Something a little more traditional today. I thought I would tinker around for breakfast, and after skimming through The "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book (I told you, I'm armed with beginner's stuff here!), I found a nice little French Toast recipe:



2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
butter
bread

Crack eggs into a bowl and add milk. Stir with a fork until well blended.
Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread into the egg
mixture so it is coated on both sides. Place in the frying pan and heat until
each side is golden brown.


Aaaaannnnndddd.......

Taaa-daaaa!! French Toast!!

I dunno if it's pretty, but as far as I could tell, it tasted like french toast to me! And unless my taste-tester was lying, it tasted like it to him, too. It took me probably a little too long to make. All I could find was a small frying pan (borrowed kitchen, mind you), so I had to warm'em up one slice at a time (probably not a chef-approved method), but who cares? It worked, right? As you can see, I threw a bit of confectioner's sugar on top.

As I said before, it tasted like any french toast I remember tasting. I went back and sprinkled a little cinnamon on top, and I thought that was nice, too.

Until proven otherwise, I am declaring this one a victory for Kim (however small it is)!

SCORE: KITCHEN - 1 KIM - 1


(On a side note, I wanted to add that whenever I hear the words "french toast," I think of that scene in 40-Year-Old-Virgin where an inebriated Leslie Mann says she wants some Denny's FRAAIINCH TOAAAST.)

(On another side note, I have no idea why there are so many lay-out problems with this post. I can't figure out why blogger's doing that, much less how to fix them...)


1 comment: