Friday, December 17, 2010

Attempt #5: Baked Spaghetti

I am glad to report that my little misadventure with the grilled cheese yesterday has not deterred me from continuing my kitchen experiments. For dinner tonight, I chose a simple recipe from my "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book: Baked Spaghetti.

10 oz spaghetti
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c milk
1 egg
28 oz jar of pasta sauce of choice
shredded mozzarella cheese

Boil the noodles until they are not quite completely tender. While that's
going, brown the beef. Drain your noodles and pour them into a greased 9 x 13
pan. In a separate bowl, mix the egg and milk until well-blended, then add to
the noodles. Stir until the noodles are completely coated. Drain beef, then add
to noodle mixture, and stir. Add your pasta sauce, then stir some more. Finally, cover mixture with the shredded mozzarella. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I think it turned out rather nice. Not perfect, but still good. Some of the noodles on top got a little...done. But other than that, I think it ended up being pretty tasty. And nobody heckle me on using a jar of sauce. One of these days, I shall make my own sauce from scratch. But that day is not today.

While I really liked the recipe, I don't know if this is one that I'll reuse time and time again. Why? Not because it wasn't good. I thought it was yummy. It tasted like spaghetti with cheese on top. So...I can just make spaghetti and throw some cheese on top, and not have to wait the 30 minutes for it to bake in the oven. And since I'm lazy, that's probably what I'll do. Still, I'm glad I made it. I know it's nothing much, but I'm a novice here!

I declare this a victory.

SCORE: KITCHEN - 2 KIM - 3

1 comment: